Q: The advantages of solar water pumps over conventional electric pumps
1. Solar water pumps do not require any fuel or electricity to operate. Once installed, solar water pumps do not incur the recurring costs of electricity or fuel.
2. Does not get affected by power cuts, low voltage, single phase problems or the motor burning.
3. Can be installed in remote areas where electricity is unavailable or diesel is difficult to procure.
4. Incurs low maintenance costs as solar water pumps have fewer moving parts as compared to a diesel-powered pump and thus, fewer chances of wear and tear.
5. No lubricants are required for operation and hence no chances of water/soil contamination due to the lubricants.
6. Easy to operate.