The IP protection level is composed of two numbers (such as IPXX). The first number indicates the level at which the motor is off the dust and prevents foreign objects from entering. The second number indicates the degree of airtightness of the motor against moisture and water intrusion. A higher number indicates a higher level of protection. The protection levels indicated by the two marked numbers are as follows:
The first indicator digital protection level definition
0. No protection.
1. Prevent foreign objects with a diameter greater than 50mm from intruding.
2. Prevent foreign objects with a diameter greater than 12mm from intruding.
3. Prevent invasion of tools, wires or similar small objects with a diameter or thickness greater than 2.5 mm.
4. Invasion of tools, wires or similar small objects with a diameter or thickness greater than 1.0 mm is prevented.
5. Completely prevent foreign matter from entering. Although the dust cannot be completely prevented from entering, the amount of intruded dust does not affect the normal operation of the motor.
6. Completely prevent the intrusion of foreign objects and completely prevent dust from entering.
The second indicator digital protection level definition
0. No protection
1. Prevent dripping water from entering. Drops of water dripping vertically (such as condensate) do not adversely affect the motor.
2. It can prevent dripping intrusion when tilted by 15 degrees.
3. Prevent the water sprayed in the direction perpendicular to the angle of less than 60 degrees from entering the motor and causing damage.
4. Prevent water from splashing in all directions from entering the motor and causing damage.
5. Prevent water from the nozzles from all directions from entering the motor and causing damage.
6. Install the motor on the deck to prevent damage from entering due to large waves.
7. The motor is immersed in water for a certain period of time or the water pressure is below a certain standard to ensure that it will not be damaged by water ingress.
8. The motor is indefinitely sunk under the specified water pressure to ensure that it is not damaged by water ingress.
If you want to know more, please contact us or follow us!：